Saturday, August 13, 2011

Homeopathic Visit

We had an opportunity to take Peanut to see a homeopathic pediatrician to see if she had any suggestions to help treat his apraxia or alternate ways to help his body. The jury is still out but she made some suggestions that even if it doesn't help him with the apraxia we recognize that they are changes we should make for health reasons anyway.
Her first suggestion is that we eliminate corn from his diet. I think she made this suggestion after seeing me hand him a fruit snack gummy treat to keep him happy during the 90 minute visit. (Again, I am a doubting Thomas and don't trust easily at all which is why my mind goes straight to this reasoning rather than her discerning this from any actual medical experience, homeopathic or not). But we do need to cut down on the amount of foods that have high fructose corn syrup in them. So we have started a food journal to see exactly how much corn (ie corn syrup) he is getting and then we will know where we need to start eliminating. I am not sure I am going to cut corn in the pure, true form but I will cut it out in any type of processed form ie corn meal, starch, syrup etc.

Her second suggestion was to add a probiotic to his system/diet and to increase the amount of the Omega 3's he is getting from his supplements. Those are also healthy and good for him suggestions and rather easy to implement. Again, these are also suggestions that I would give to any parent of an average, healthy child.

The third suggestion was to take 2 different homeopathic medicines, one for vaccines and one for his brain (corpus collosum). I don't know what is in these medicines and all I could gather from her is that they are homeopathic remedies (no kidding). So I am not going to give these to him for now. (doubting thomas and all of that).

I will try to give periodic updates on how we change his diet and how it affects him overall.

We are supposed to have a follow up visit in 5 weeks but the jury is out on if we will go back for a $100 visit that will last 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment