Friday, September 30, 2011

Little Conversations

This afternoon I picked Peanut up from preschool (he goes twice a week from 9-12) and he came running up to me and hugged me.  Normally he says "mama home!" because those are the words that he has for "Yay, mama is here" or "Yay, mama came back just like she said she would".  But today he hugged my legs and said "Hi mama.  Baby nap today?"  I blinked a few times to adjust from what I had expected him to say and replied to him that yes, the baby had napped for me today.  Then he said "Good, that's good"

This was stunning to me.  He must have overheard me telling people that today was my coveted day when the boys were both at school and I didn't have to babysit anyone else's child from the preschool so I was hoping that the baby would take a long nap all morning to give me time to get things done.   He processed all of that and 3 hours later had words to ask me the question he wanted to ask me.  Oh and then he threw around all these new words in random order so I wasn't sure what point he was trying to make but obviously he had something to say.

Needless to say, it was a good talk.  I love being able to have good talk's with my Peanut.

No comments:

Post a Comment