Monday, November 14, 2011

Speech Therapy - 11/14

We played the most horrifically, disgusting game in speech therapy today and of course, Peanut loved it.  His SLP brought a game called Doggy Doo.  Do you see where this is going?  So yes, you make a doggie cookie out of gak, then you feed the doggie the cookie, take it for a walk and oh, yes, it poops and you clean it up with a shovel.  It was downright nasty.  As far as it's ability to get Peanut to practice talking - it was fantastic.  So fantastic I actually considered purchasing it until I realized that it is so disgusting that I just can't do it.  He worked on walk the dog, put in mouth, make a cookie and he did great.  He is starting to be able to fix words that start with a hard "c".  So while he doesn't naturally say cookie (he says dookie) if I ask him to fix it, he will prompt himself and get it after a few tries.

We also started making his video for his application to the Apraxia speech therapy class.  It is so much better that his SLP asks him the questions because he is a lot more cooperative with her and is used to responding to her immediately.  We asked him to pick a game that he wanted to play and he picked Connect 4 or as he calls it "Money game".  So after each question, he got a piece of money.  It went really well until my video recorder ran out of battery.  Sigh.

On a "I hate apraxia" note, this weekend Peanut really wanted to say the word "restaurant". We couldn't figure out what word he was trying to say as it was coming out "shark" or "sock" or "shant".  He came over to me and my mom and prompted himself and said "fix it" and then said "Mommy help me talk please".  Oh it broke my heart in half.  We figured out the word he was working on and he moved on and now I know that approximation and it's meaning to avoid that again.  I just hate that he has to struggle so much and is getting old enough to be more understanding of the fact that he can't say certain thing.

1 comment:

  1. hotmail co uk it is initially known as MSN Hotmail but mostly referred as Hotmail

    ReplyDelete